Achieving for Children is proposing to further develop Kingston Youth Centres and have them managed centrally, no longer commissioning Dickerage Youth Centre and Kingsnympton Community Centre from the YMCA.
The benefits of this change are that we continue to offer fantastic services and the same current provision with the same inspirational staff and we will be able to work together across Achieving for Children's Services to enhance the offer in our youth centres.
The focus of the new model is:
- Same staff, same services, more joined-up offer
- Share resources more easily across sites
- Achieving for Children staff can work from the centres - easier to see children, young people and families
- Children, young people and families at most need can be supported to use the centres
- We will continue the support and workshops on offer
- Better link with health support services
- Achieving for Children can bid for funding and increase the range of services
To help us do this well it's really important to understand what services you use in the centres and what you would like to see in the new model.
We welcome everyone to come to our stakeholder events to provide feedback and ask further questions. These will be held with social distancing and one way systems. No need to book - just come along.
For more information about the proposals please watch this short video.
To view the video's subtitles, just click the CC button on the tool bar and choose English CC.
Contact for more information
If you need more detail, please contact: Sarah Reid, Head of Children, Youth and Partnerships, firstname.lastname@example.org