Skip to main content

Welcome to the Local Offer for Care Leavers

someone using a mobile phone

Are you a care leaver aged 16 - 25 years ? 

On these web pages you will find information about the support that is available to young people who have been in the care of the Royal Borough of Kingston upon Thames and the London Borough of Richmond upon Thames and are now aged 16 to 25 years.  

Local authorities have a duty to young people leaving care to inform them of services available and provide support to successfully move onwards and upwards to independence. This is called a Local Offer for Care Leavers. This explains your entitlements as a care leaver and will also help you to get the best out of the support on offer.  It has been created with input from care leavers and a variety of professionals who support care leavers in Kingston and Richmond.

The offer includes information about: 

  • Entitlement Status Support 16+ 
  • Your money and documents 
  • Where you live and your safety 
  • Your education, employment and training
  • Your health
  • Getting your voice heard

The Leaving Care Pledge

This pledge, which we have consulted on with the Children in Care Council, outlines Achieving for Children’s (AfC) commitment to you. We offer a service to young people aged up to age 25 (or beyond if in education) who are children looked after or children leaving care.

It is based on our Mission Statement.

“Achieving for Children, the joint children’s services for Kingston and Richmond is passionate about ensuring the best possible outcomes for children and their families and will deliver the services they need to live safe, happy, healthy and successful lives.”

Download a copy of the full Leaving Care Pledge (PDF)

Top Tip

You can translate this website to many different languages and use a "read aloud" using the accessibility features - use the "Accessibility Tools" button at the top of the screen.

How to make a complaint

If you have a complaint about a service delivered by Achieving for Children, please contact the Complaints Officer for the Council in whose area you live: