The Emotional Health Service (EHS) is a team of therapists that work with young people and their families who have mild to moderate mental health difficulties.
- EHS is a Tier 2 Child and Adolescent Mental Health Services (CAMHS).
- The EHS works in partnership with other agencies that provide health, social care and education.
- Our aim is to ensure that you and your family receive the best service possible to meet your needs.
- The EHS covers Kingston and Richmond boroughs across three different sites: Twickenham, Kingston and Chessington.
Making an appointment with us
We receive referrals via the Single Point of Access (SPA).
Your first appointment
Your first appointment could be at either of our 3 sites: The Moor Lane Centre in Chessington, York Road in Twickenham, or the Guildhall in Kingston.
- First appointments are about getting to know you.
- They usually last about 45 minutes.
- We ask about the difficulties you are experiencing and how you are managing these difficulties.
- We will want to hear about what works well for you e.g. whether you want to talk to us alone, with your family, or with a friend.
- We will consider whether it is best for you to continue with the EHS or if there is a different service that would be better suited to help you.
- You and your therapist will come up with a plan that you can follow up until you see us for your second appointment.
Where to look for support while you're on the waiting list
Waiting for your referral to Emotional Health Service/Child and Adolescent Mental Health Services (CAMHS) can feel like a slow process. Where can you find support while you wait? Bloggers and Activists on the Young Minds website share their tips.
Visit the Young Minds website (opens an external link)
During your appointments
- All of the information you share with us is confidential unless you or someone known to you is at risk of harm.
- If we do have to share information, we will never do so without telling you.
- We will sometimes ask you to fill out questionnaires to see you are and how things have been changing over time.
After your first appointment
- After your first appointment, you may feel that you do not need any further help and that one session has been helpful enough.
- If you decide that you want to continue with the EHS, there is often a wait between your first appointment and any future appointments.
- We will aim to make a decision with you about what type of evidence-based therapy will meet your needs.
- For a description of the types of evidence-based therapeutic work that the EHS offers, please click here.
If you are unhappy about the service you are receiving, please call the following number 020 8487 5470 and ask to speak with either the Head of Service or Deputy Heads of Service.
The Moor Lane Centre
Phone: 020 8487 5470
Opening hours: Monday to Friday: 9.00am to 5.00 pm
If you have any questions before your first appointment, then please call us on the number above and we can discuss any questions with you. Once your therapy sessions have started, then please call the clinician you are working with. If they are not available, you can leave a message and they will get back to you.