The Strengthening Families Team is a multi-disciplinary team delivering the Troubled Families agenda, providing support to vulnerable families living in Kingston and Richmond.
The Strengthening Families Team (SFT) provides support to families affected by issues including: substance misuse, mental health issues, domestic abuse, poor parenting, unemployment and other disadvantages. The programmes’ approach is underpinned by a Think Family model, encouraging holistic intervention with each family member, rather than responding to each concern or person individually.
Strengthening Families (SF) Phase two is about providing extra support to families. Eligible families can benefit from support through our following dedicated SF specialist workers:
- Domestic Violence worker
- Family coaching
- Employment advice workers
Families can access the programme either through:
Referral from a professional working with the family.
Referrals should be made via the Single Point of Access (SPA).
Please see the link to the relevant referral form for you;
through analysis of the families Achieving for Children already work with. These families will be prioritised for engagement with Strengthening Families. The relevant services/Lead Professionals will be informed of any families that have been identified as a priority to be offered support
The following eligibility criteria apply to families to access support:
National criteria (families will need to meet minimum two)
- Parents and children involved in crime and anti-social behaviour
- Children who have not been attending school regularly
- Children who need help, including those in the early years
- Adults out of work or at risk of financial exclusion and young people at risk of worklessness
- Families affected by domestic violence and abuse
- Parents and children with a range of health problems
If you would like any more information on the service or support with referring, please contact the
Strengthening Families Coordinator