The Family Support Team (FST) is part of the Disabled Children's Team. The team work across Richmond and Kingston and are based at the Moor Lane Centre.
The role of the team is to:
- Support referred children and young people through named allocated staff case holding.
- Assess the needs of children and young people, identify and arrange services to meet those needs.
- Support children and young people to have the same opportunities as their non-disabled peers.
- Review and monitor services provided to families we support.
- Design, deliver and monitor support programmes such as behavioural management, reward systems or communication tools to assist children and families open to us.
Eligibility Criteria for this team
After a Social Care assessment has taken place the Disabled Children's Team can transfer/allocate cases to the Family Support Team if a child or young person:
- is eligible for support from the DCT Social Work Team;
- has no current safeguarding concerns;
- is not looked after or leaving care;
- has no more than 24 overnights of care per year.
Cases can transfer back to DCT should there be any new safeguarding concerns or significant changes which require a social work reassessment and oversight.
In some circumstances, children can be referred by ISCD social workers to the Family Support Team for short term co-working to address particular issues for example; behaviour management.