The main aims of Inclusion Development Officers are:
- To enable children and young people who have disabilities to access mainstream settings and out of school activities, and specifically to increase leisure and sports activities arranged around the needs of children and young people.
- Advise service providers on the reasonable adjustments required to increase access by children and young people who have disabilities, identifying training and support needs as required.
- Actively promote access and inclusion, embracing the rights of all children to participate fully in mainstream provision and out of school activities, as well as the rights of their parents and families to go to work and gain access to breaks from caring.
- Provide support, advice, training and funding (where appropriate) to mainstream providers to increase and maintain the inclusion of children and young people who have disabilities within these settings. This would include the recruitment of additional staff to enhance ratios and all aspects of disability inclusion.
- Actively work with schools, voluntary, statutory and private sector providers of childcare, leisure opportunities and out of school activities to create, and develop new opportunities for children and young people who have disabilities and support settings in all aspects of inclusion.
Jodi Williams - Inclusion Development Officer
Moor Lane Centre
Phone: 020 8547 6564
Please note, my office hours are 7:00am-2:45pm Monday - Friday