Activity funding pays for a child or young person with disabilities to attend an activity of their or the family's choice. This might be a mainstream or specialist out of school activity such as an after school, weekend or holiday club, a leisure activity such as swimming lessons, dance, football etc. The funding can also be used towards annual memberships e.g. Merlin Pass (for the child with disabilities – carers pass is free).

See how other families have used Activity Funding

Can I apply for short break activities in Kingston or Richmond?

Families can choose activities in any location, even if they are not in the immediate local area. 

What can’t the funding be used for?

It cannot be used for any kind of equipment, a holiday or activity that has already happened.

Using Activity Funding for holidays

In certain circumstances, the funding could be used for a contribution towards a holiday for a child or young person or towards a family holiday.  Please see the Short Break application form (below) for information on the criteria for funding towards holidays.

Who is eligible for funding?
  • The child or young person has a diagnosed disability
  • The child or young person is aged between 0 - up to 18th birthday
  • The child or young person lives in the Royal Borough of Kingston or the London Borough of Richmond.
Who can apply for this funding?

The parent/carer of a child with a disability or professionals such as a Social Worker, Family Support Workers, SENCo's or an information and advice organisation can complete the form on behalf of a parent/carer.

Is there a cap on funding?

The amount of funding available per child per year is up to £140.

How is the activity paid for?

Achieving for Children can liaise with the provider and request an invoice for the short break activities your child will be doing. When the parent/carer pays for the activities, the receipt/s for the activities must be provided to the Short Breaks Team in order to be reimbursed.  

Apply for Activity Funding

Activity Fund Application Form (opens a Word document)

Please forward your completed form, via email to:

Short Breaks Administrator

Phone: 020 8547 5562


Or via post to:

Short Breaks Administrator, The Moor Lane Centre, Moor Lane, Chessington, Surrey, KT9 2AA