This is a six week minimum programme starting May 2019.
Young people should be aged aged 16 years (but must be past minimum school leaving age) - 24 years
No formal qualifications are required but young people should be able to work towards Level 1 in Maths and English Functional Skills.
Content of the programme includes:
- An introduction to working in public services
- Opportunity to develop skills to prepare you for a paid apprenticeship with the Council
- Work experience - expenses covered and vouchers for full attendance
- Mentoring and careers guidance
- Maths and English support
A four week work placement opportunity in one of the following council services:
- Customer Services
- Regulatory Compliance Services
- Music Services
- Community Rangers Service
- Repairs and Maintenance
- Business Support
- Human Resources
Successful completers will be fast tracked through to the interview stage of any apprenticeship vacancies available at the end of the programme and will be offered first opportunity to be interviewed for other future apprenticeship vacancies.
Download leaflet (opens a pdf)
Download expression of interest form (opens a word doc)
Apply online on the W2W website.
Send expression of interest forms to Sharon Pratt:
Phone: 020 8547 6987