Skip to main content

Social Care teams involved in Transition for young people

  There are various social care teams within Achieving for Children and the local authority that might support a young person through transition, depending on their circumstances. Which team leads on this will depend on the level of support that the young person will need as they move into adulthood.

The main teams are:

Preparing for Adulthood SEND team

Many young people will supported by the Preparing for Adulthood SEND team who will work with the young person, the family and in collaboration with other agencies, to identify, review, track and plan, support and services through transition.

Preparing for Adulthood SEND Team (opens a new window)

​Children with Disabilities Social Care Team/Family Support Team (FST)

Children with Disabilities Social Care and Family Support Teams (opens a new window)

Looked After Children and Leaving Care Teams

Provide young people, their parents and carers with information on the process of transition to Adult Services. 

There is a Local Offer for Care Leavers on this website (opens a new window)

Adult social care in Richmond

 You can find out about Adult social care sevices on the Richmond Council website;

Adult social care (opens a new window)


CarePlace is a directory of local services that meet a wide variety of care and community needs for adults living in Richmond upon Thames.

The directory contains a range of services that support people to stay independent, including: home care agencies, health and fitness clubs, charities, advice services and lots of other groups and activities that support people in the local area. It also contains information about housing choices such as supported living and care homes.

CarePlace can also provide information on individual health conditions, answers to common health questions and lifestyle advice from NHS Choices.

Visit Careplace Richmond (opens a new window)

Contact Adult social care

How to contact the Learning Disabilities team

Phone: 020 8891 7971


The Adults Emergency Duty Team is available Monday to Friday from 5pm to 8am, and 24 hours at weekends and on Bank Holidays.

Richmond Council Emergency Out of Hours Team
Phone: 020 8744 2442
Minicom: 18001 020 8744 9414


Adult Social Care in Kingston

Adult social care information is held on the Kingston council website. You can find information about:

  • Help for you at home
  • Get help from Kingston Council
  • Specialist support
  • Looking after someone else
  • Local services and support
  • Help with money and legal issues
  • Help to stay safe
  • Help with work and training

Adult Social Care information on the Kingston website (opens a new window)


Other links to Adult social care advice and information 

Connected Kingston (opens a new window) is a site dedicated to helping Kingston residents find local activities and navigate local services. It is run by the Royal Borough of Kingston Council and Kingston Voluntary Action in conjunction with local charities and statutory organisations. 


​Contact Adult Social Care for advice or support

Guildhall 2
High Street
Kingston upon Thames

Telephone: 020 8547 5005


Out of Hours Duty Social Worker

If you need to speak to someone urgently outside of office hours, please ring the Duty Social Worker.

Telephone: 020 8770 5000