Participating in the community should include information about:
- Leisure and social activities, including opportunities for influencing local decision making
- How young people can access mainstream community facilities and local youth services (for example, access to staff with expertise in supporting young people with different needs)
- Volunteering opportunities and the support available to access them
- Care support available to help young people access social opportunities (e.g. a personal assistant or assistive technology) and develop friendships, and how to apply for that support
- Support in using the internet and social media to find information and develop and maintain friendships, including where they can go for guidance on using the internet safely and how to protect themselves against cyber bullying and exploitation.