On these pages we will publish the latest comments and feedback we have received from children, young people, families and others, as well our response to what you have told us. We will make sure that all details will be published in a format which means it will not be possible to identify individuals.
Feedback and comments are invited from children and young people, parents and carers, professional and partner users and gathered by a variety of methods:
- Working with children and young people through our Participation Team
- By working in partnership with parents and carers through the Kingston SEND Parent Consortium and Parent Carer Forums in both boroughs.
- Through consultations and ongoing conversations
- Using feedback and service evaluation carried out by individual teams.
- Through the Contact Us form on this website.
- Via email to [email protected]
- By telephone directly to the Local Offer Content Manager on 020 8547 4722
- Face to face at outreach and attendance at events
- Using electonic user surveys
- Through comments fed back through any professional or partnership colleagues and networks.
How we publish feedback
We will publish comments received if they relate to:
- the content of our Local Offer, which includes the quality of existing provision and any gaps in the provision
- the accessibility of information in the Local Offer
- how the Local Offer has been developed or reviewed
We will publish a summary of comments received at least annually.
We will publish our responses to comments received, including details of the action we intend to take or have taken.
Reviewing the SEND Local Offer website
What we have done since this video was published
- We have been working to make sure that content we publish meets accessible standards. This is an ongoing commitment. An example would be publishing information as text on a webpage instead of publishing information in a pdf booklet format. We are doing this as we update information.
- We are encouraging everyone who supplies information for the website to use simpler language.
- We changed the wording on the feedback function on the site to say "Feedback about this page" as suggested.
- We redesigned the AfCinfo website to have a simpler and clearer home page as promised.
- We added new navigation tools such as "flyout" menu to help users move around the site from all areas.
- We simplified and improved the searches on the site.
- We added a "promoted" search function which allows us to highlight frequently searched for and key information.
- We developed and trialled a chatbot with the help of young people. However, we discovered that the chatbot did not significantly improve navigation of the site and would require a lot of resource to maintain. So we decided to discontinue.
"You said, we did" summaries
Feedback received through the Local Offer website is summarised below:
Specific feedback and consultations
We gather feedback in many different ways and about many different aspects of the local services. Here are some links to examples.
You can read responses to past and current consultations on the SEND Consultation Hub
Emotional Health Service
Comments and feedback from children and young people and parents and carers who have seen by the Emotional Health Service is available on this page