There are many organisations that offer information, support and advice.  Some of them will be local and offer services to people in a specific area, others will be national and offer support to all. Some organisations offer support about specific conditions or subjects whereas others may offer general advice and support across a wide range of subjects that affect all families, children and young people with special educational needs or disabilities. 

Here is a guide to some of the types of organisations you will come across:

Parent Carer Forum 

The national charity Contact are currently supporting local parents and voluntary organisations to set up a new Parent Carer Forum for Kingston and Richmond. You can find out more about Parent Carer Forums here. Once the Parent Carer Forum is up and running, we will share further details.

Support Groups/Organisations

These may offer support or advice about a particular condition such as ADHD, Downs Syndrome or visual impairment. They may offer advice or support around a certain subject such as housing, travel, money or a range of issues and not be specific to any conditions but available to all.​

Where to find information

You can search for support group or organisations in the:

 Local Offer Directory Search