This service is temporarily unavailable because we are recruiting to the team. We hope to be able to post updates about the service soon.
The Pre and Post Diagnosis Support Service can help navigate families to the best support for them from the point of an initial assessment, through the diagnostic process and post diagnosis.
The team is able to provide advice and support in the following areas.
- Understanding the diagnosis and support services available
- Strategies to support good sleep hygiene
- Strategies to help with fussy eating and food aversion
- Support with toileting
- Understanding and managing behaviours that challenge
- Signposting and referral to local and national specialist services and charities
- Information and advice on understanding the Education Health and Care Plan (EHCP) process and where to access support
- Use of visual aids, timetables and other resources
- Liaising with other professionals
- Advocacy for families
- Information workshops and support groups for families
Who will we accept referrals for?
All children added to the Social Communication Assessment (SCA) waiting list or those who have received a neurodevelopmental diagnosis at Moor Lane will be automatically referred to us and open to the service while on the waiting list and for 12 months following their diagnosis.
The service is currently only open to families with a Kingston GP.
We will also accept referrals for:
Any child seen in a Multidisciplinary Team/Joint Assessment Clinic with complex health needs where either a diagnosis has been given in clinic or where further investigations have been requested.
Who can refer?
We are not currently accepting referrals.