Skip to main content

Contact details and useful links

Raising concerns and complaints about Achieving for Children


Achieving for Children (AfC) are committed to providing the best possible service and we want to work with you to resolve any      issues. Where possible we would like to resolve any disagreements locally and swiftly with families to avoid unnecessary worry and reduce anxiety. 

If you are unhappy with a service provided by AfC, or commisioned partners, you should tell a member of staff or the manager responsible for the service as soon as you can and they will see if they can sort it out. If your concern or issue is still not resolved it may be escalated to the Assistant Director within Achieving for Children who is responsible for the service area.

Disagreement resolution - independent support and advice

All parents, carers and young people have access to free independent support and advice through the local KIDS Richmond and Kingston SEND Information, Advice and Support Service (SENDIASS) or the national KIDS Disagreement Resolution Service.  You can approach these services at any time to ask for advice or support.

KIDS Richmond and Kingston SEND Information, Advice and Support Service (SENDIASS) (opens a new window)

Kids Disagreement Resolution Service (opens a new window)

If you are still not happy with our response then you have the opportunity to refer your concerns about services provided by AfC to the Council in whose area you live.

For more information, please go to the website for: 

Kingston Council (opens a new window)

Richmond Council (opens a new window) 

Appealing decisions, concerns and complaints about the Education, Health and Care Plan (EHCP) process 

You can find out how to do this is on the following page:

Appealing decisions, concerns and complaints (opens a new window)