Credit: Video is from the Council for disabled children (CDC)
More information and access to online training and resources is available on the CDC website. The training is free to access and aimed at staff employed to deliver Independent Support locally, staff working in local Information, Advice and Support services, local authority SEND teams and others who might benefit from the learning.
Education, Health and Care (EHC) plans must be reviewed every 12 months (if a child is under five years old, reviews must be six monthly).
The purpose of the review is:
- to listen, consider the young person’s views on how the year has been, discussing areas of strength and difficulty,
- to bring together the views of everyone who supports the child,
- to review the special educational needs and consider whether there are any changes,
- to review how well the outcomes in the EHC plan are being achieved and whether the long term targets remain challenging and appropriate,
- to review provision and consider whether there are any changes required,
- to set new targets for the next year, which the school will work towards outside of the EHC Plan.
The templates and forms to be used during an annual review form part of Appendix 7 of the Golden Binder.
Details of local organisations can be found on this website.