The following organisations offer (mostly free) independent advice and support on all SEND matters including the Assessment, Education, Health and Care Planning processes.

The Information, Advice and Support Service (SENDIASS) in Kingston and Richmond offers advice and support across a wide range of subjects. This may include help with personal budgets and how to use the Local Offer plus:
  • support with understanding reports and letters, attending meetings and preparing for assessments and reviews
  • information and signposting to support services in your area 
  • support with Transition and Preparing for Adulthood
  • support with and signposting to mediation  
  • advice and support on benefits

These services offer advice to children and young people as well as parents and carers.

Take part in a survey about your local SENDIASS 

Ruils SEND Advisory Service can:

  • Help you to understand the local referral process and the Local Offer ( a detailed breakdown of relevant services published by the Local Authority)
  • Help you to make sense of all the paperwork, keep to the time scales and coordinate the professionals involved
  • Help you to get your Education Health and Care Plan (EHCP) in place by keeping the process on track
  • Be a named contact throughout EHCP assessment and planning
  • Be available for new referrals, transfer reviews and for those who would have had an LDA 
  • Liaise between agencies and gather information
  • Provide all relevant information and signpost other organisations and sources of support

Express CIC Disability Living Allowance and Education, Health and Care Plan Support is offered by appointment only, to parents and families who have a child with autism. The appointment is to give specific 1:1 support time to help parent/carers through the process. Our volunteers are IPSEA SEND Advisor trained. 

Skylarks SEN Advocacy and Mediation Service offers free legal advice for parents and carers of children with additional needs through their SEN Advocacy Clinic. 

SOS!SEN offer advice on:

  • getting the right educational help for your child
  • liaising with the school or local authority
  • interpreting official letters
  • requesting an EHC Needs assessment for your child
  • finding independent expert professional advice
  • appealing to the Special Educational Needs and Disability Tribunal

Independent Parental Special Education Advice (known as IPSEA) is a registered charity (number 327691) operating in England. IPSEA offers free and independent legally based information, advice and support to help get the right education for children and young people with all kinds of special educational needs and disabilities (SEND). They also provide training on the SEND legal framework to parents and carers, professionals and other organisations.