In addition to the support available directly from the Inclusion Hubs, a bank of resources has been developed during the Inclusion Hub project to support all early years settings. These resources include: case studies from the project, learning materials from the professionals and short films.
Read a case study from an Inclusion Hub setting on how they made adjustments and applied interventions to support a child with significant emotional and sensory needs
Occupational Therapy and Physiotherapy
- Download the Glue Ear information leaflet (the most common sensory impairment in the early years)
- Useful resource to share with parents of children with a hearing impairment
Speech, Language and Communication Needs
- Use the ASD/Social Communication Friendly Checklist to reflect on your own practice in relation to children with these needs
- Use the practitioner self-rating scale to reflect on your use of language with children with communication needs
- Reflect on your whole setting approach to meeting the needs of children with communication needs by using the setting rating scale
- Download a useful tool to benchmark and assess children's listening and attention, understanding, speaking and social communication
- Refer to the observational checklist to help you know when to refer a child to the Speech and Language service
Read a case study from an Inclusion Hub setting on how they work closely with their local Children's Centre.
Learning from the journey to becoming an Inclusion Hub
A case study from Advantage Day Nursery about the benefits becoming an Inclusion Hub.