This checklist should be completed annually by all early years’ providers who draw down Early Education Funding for 2, 3 or 4 year olds.
Purpose of the checklist
The information on the checklist helps providers:
- Ensure they are keeping children safe and well protected.
- Ensure that they fulfil the statutory requirements of the Early Years Foundation Stage
- Ensure the annual review of setting procedures and policies are being followed.
Before you start
The checklist should only be completed by the childminder, manager, deputy or registered person in the setting.
Make sure you have read the Statutory Framework for the Early Years Foundation Stage (2017), and can refer to it when completing the form.
You will need all setting information including details about:
- Last Ofsted inspection
- Learning and development
- Safeguarding and child protection
- Suitable people and staff qualifications
- Health and safety
- Information and records