FUEL is Achieving for Children's holiday activity and food programme funded by the Department for Education.
Off the back of a great summer, the scheme returns this winter. Children who receive benefits-related free school meals have the opportunity to attend free activities over the Christmas period, with a hot meal also being provided.
Achieving for Children are partnering once again with different holiday clubs, youth centres, sport groups and more to bring you a programme of activities to meet everyone's interest.
All of our providers offer spaces for children with additional needs/SEND. In certain circumstances we also have specialist support available where required. For further information Special Educational Needs and Disability (SEND) (opens a new window)
How to book
Bookings for the programme this winter are being managed by our partner organisations, and will allow you to sign up either through their website, or via the number/email provided.
|Winter FUEL programme 2021 (opens a new window)|
Still not sure? Don’t just take our word for it, check out what Marcus Rashford MBE has to say about the summer here:
What is the FUEL programme?
The Department for Education has funded local authorities to deliver activities and meals to children who receive benefits-related free school meals, and the FUEL programme is the name given to the scheme in Kingston and Richmond.
Each of our providers of the programme will look slightly different in the type of care and support they offer to children but they will all meet a number of standard requirements:
- Provision will be at least four hours long, with one hour involving physical recreation.
- Provision will include a healthy nutritious hot meal for children
- Children will recieve information about the food they are eating, nutritional guidance, and how to choose healthy meals
- Support will be avaliable for famililes in preparing and delivering meals, and the importance of children having a healthy balanced diet
- Wider support for families, with links to different services to offer advice and care.
- The programme is available for free for those who receive benefits-related Free School Meals
If you need support with applying online or have other enquiries please email: email@example.com