The Family Information Service (FIS) offer a telephone, web and outreach service, providing information for parents, parents to be, carers and professionals to help support children up to their 20th birthday or 25th birthday if a child has a disability.
The FIS offer:
- Information about childcare in Kingston and Richmond such as registered childminders, nurseries, preschool playgroups and out of school and holiday care.
- A brokerage service for parents who need support when looking for childcare places.
- Information about help available to pay for childcare.
- Advice about Early Education Funding for 2, 3 and 4 year olds including the 30 hour childcare offer.
- Activities for children including toddler groups and leisure and play activities.
- Support groups and parenting information.
- Career opportunities in childcare and play work.
Brokerage means providing help for someone who may need support using services. The Childcare Brokerage Service acts as a middle person, helping, advising, searching and maybe negotiating on your behalf to help you find the childcare you need. This could be when you are looking for childcare for your child with special educational needs or a disability (SEND), long term childcare or if you need short term, emergency or ad hoc childcare. Please note that the Childcare Brokerage service does not offer free childcare or provide funding towards childcare.
Contact the FIS
Phone: 020 8547 5215