Not found what you're looking for?
Description of activity
Epsom’s college of further and higher education offers full and part-time vocational courses and apprenticeships to students across Surrey and Greater London.
NESCOT have a dedicated team of teachers, experience in working with young people with learning disabilities/difficulties. As well as:
• Learning support assistants in every lerson to provide additional academic support
• Student mentors to suport social difficulties
• College councellors to provide emotional support
• A college nurse to support health needs
Students with learning difficulties or disabilities have a choice of pathways:
• Mainstream courses with learning support
• Courses for students who have mild to moderate learning difficulties and/or disabilities and those who have no formal qualifications or are not in education
• Preparation for Working Life for students with moderate learning difficulties in a supported learning environment in Seasons Learning Hub 1
• Seasons Learning Hub 2 for students with more profound difficulties focussing on Independent Living
• Transition into Employment (TIE) or Progressing into Employment (PIE) programmes are also available if appropriate for the young person