Not found what you're looking for?
Description of activity
Sessions at the hydrotherapy pool are for people with rehabilitation and special needs only. Aquatic therapies can be used to treat muscle weakness, balance disorders, musculo-skeletal injuries, soft tissue injuries and other conditions that impair circulation.
About the pool
A unique environment for people who require supported exercise as part of a rehabilitation programme.
• Water temperature is maintained at 34 to 36°C
• 9.5 x 5 metre deck level pool
• Accessible to disabled users
• Open sessions are for families and adults (per 30 minutes)
• Adult sessions reserved for customers 18+ years
• 3 x assisted changing cubicles with waterproof, adjustable and movable beds (one with a shower in the same cubicle)
• 3 x curtained disabled changing units with seats
• 1 x disabled shower and toilet cubicle with seat
• 1 x disabled shower cubicle with seat
• 1 x open shower next to poolside
• All changing rooms have emergency alarms in place
• Shower and toilet accessible wheelchair
• Walking frames by main entrance
• A manual oxford dipper 140 hoist next to poolside
• An electronic Bianca movable and adjustable hoist that can be used from poolside into the assisted changing unit
• £1 coin returnable lockers
• Nappy bins are available for use
Vist the Richmond council website for full details of opening times and charges