Not found what you're looking for?
Description of activity
Richmond and Kingston Special Educational Needs and Disabilities Information Advice and Support Service or SENDIASS, is a free, confidential and impartial service for children and young people up to the age of 25yrs who have special educational needs or disabilities, and their parents or carers.
The type and range of support offered includes:
· Information on the website as well as our social media channels. This covers a wide range of topics and aims to enable most people to self-advocate.
· Advice via our telephone helpline and email service. This aims to help parents, carers and young people to understand the information and apply it to their individual situation.
· Support on a one-to-one via phone, online meeting or face-to-face for young people and any parents or carers who cannot advocate for their children without extra help.
· Information, advice and support around the local offer, local policy and SEND law. All our staff are independently trained in SEND law.
· Signposting to alternative and additional sources of local and national information, advice and support.
· Information, advice and support covers a wide range of topics including: local support networks; education, health and social care services; your own or your child’s rights in education, health and social care; SEN Support; Exclusions; transport; The EHCP process; mediation and dispute resolution; appeals to SEND tribunal.
We're based at The Croft Centre, Windham Road, Twickenham TW9 2HP and at The Moor Lane Centre, Moor Lane, Chessington KT9 2AA.
Organisation Contact Details
Address and Accessibility
Staff have specialist training
Days and times of activity / opening