Not found what you're looking for?
Description of activity
Makaton is a language programme using signs and symbols to help people to communicate. It is designed to support spoken language and the signs and symbols are used with speech, in spoken word order.
The Makaton Charity exists to ensure that everyone living with learning or communication difficulties has the tools and resources they need to communicate. We work towards this through our activities:
• providing training to families, carers, and professionals;
• developing and producing printed and electronic resources;
• working with others to make their information accessible;
• providing advice and support for families and professionals;
• working in partnership to influence society and empower people.